Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Wednesday 19 August 2015

MALAYSIA: Throwback 2004: August 21st, The Anniversary

Thanks to FB, I managed to contact a friend of mine who is one of the best portraiture photographer in Malaysia - Saiful Nang (http://blog.saifulnang.net)

Our friendship went as far as 2004, August. It was also the month and year I was conned into settling down with Madam and he was our cameraman for our ceremony. My Uncle Ian arranged Saiful Nang to be our photographer. Where he found him (SN), I have no idea. 


Pak Su (Uncle Ian - Ian Davies) and Mak Su (Mak Pati -
Fatimah Yassin), were the people who introduced
Saiful Nang to us

Frankly speaking, Saiful Nang was a nobody back then. But the way he took pictures that day was very different to the "stand straight....snap" or "say cheese!....snap". All the pictures he took was candid or at a very odd angle. This was 2004 you know...and these sort of thing was still new or even unheard to some. My parents included, because my mother had another cameraman (my life has always been complicated..dont ask why another cameraman from another company)..and the final result was nothing short of the extraordinary. The shots Saiful took have the element of .....moment. That was it.


Madam with my late grandfather. This picture was taken about 6 months before his passing. I wonder what he said to Madam..must be how a good grandson I am. I daresay, I was closest to him. 

There's a story behind Madam's shoe. To match the outfit, we found it in a shoe store less than 24 hours before the ceremony. That was when I found out, with shoes..Madam can be very fussy... ohhh mannnnnn...scary

The wedding ring, instead of the usual solitaire ring - yellow gold, I opt for something different. I remembered I collected the ring with my father...
he wasn't that pleased with my choice..typical dad

This picture was used by a friend of Madam on a drug advert. Madam was in that industry since 2001 before switching to FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) in 2008
For the custom made album, CD and service rendered during the ceremony....how much? It was RM800 (USD 195 - current exchange rate). After that, he went big and I mean really big with various companies he established and commands huge fee for taking wedding pictures. He even took pictures for VVIPs and the family of Sultans. Top of the tier would be the Sultan of Brunei. I am very lucky to meet this young photographer and see him grow. 

they look so young back in 2004... dad (R) with his elder brother

Madam's parents. Ayah (Madam's father was a heli pilot with the Air Force) and Ma (Madam's mother with the Postal Service)
Enough talking about Saiful Nang. Better save it for other posting, along with some other photographers I met during the summer holidays, back in Malaysia. I took up photography as a quasi-hobby serious thingy..(all Saiful's fault)

Anyway, from day 1 I met Madam it was drama. Drama drama, all the way drama. Life is complicated and mine was even more so. We were engaged, and then we were not. We were engaged again.. We settled down together and then we were not. Then we found each other again. Such is life...and now we are in Lagos...What life has in store for us, only Allah knows. But in his infinite wisdom, come what may...it is a test. Nothing Allah put you thru is something you cannot handle. 

Love you Madam! Another year passed...together.

No comments:

Post a Comment