Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Sunday 22 March 2015

Hello Lagos: Harmattan

Selamat Pagi, Lagos! Good Morning, Lagos! E karo!


First I did was, to go out to the balcony and take the first picture of Lagos. This was the result of the picture taken. No filter was actually added. The slight red tint was not due to the sun, but it was actually due to a phenomenal called  Harmattan

View from the hotel balcony

Harma what? 

Harmattan. Cold and dusty wind blown from Sahara region over Nigeria and neighbouring countries (Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Cameroon etc) into the Gulf of Guinea.

It's just like the haze we have in Malaysia due to smoke (open burning), but here it's just dust. It's not sandstorm or dust storm mind you, just weak haze formed by dust and created a red tint over the horizon. As things go with haze, it blocks the sun and the overall effect are cooling too at the expense of irritation to nose and throat.

Harmattan and morning mist

Better get used to it, though. It is a yearly event from mid of November till March (although I can't say I really see it now - in March) but I think most of my pictures in Instagram looks quite dusty at certain times of the day.


Just love the KLM livery...light blue

Madam had gone off to the office early. I know she can't wait to start and as for me and kids, there will be 2 weeks of hotel food or nearby restaurants until the start of a new school semester. Need to entertain them too. The room wasn't big enough for the four of us with 8 huge luggage. TV and pool and maybe the playground would do the trick. Ben is busy with Lego at least, Fay? Drawing maybe. 


Eko Hotel and Suites

Anyway, better not become a sourpuss and look after the children. It will not be easy for me though since Madam will be working and the children busy at school.. a Tai Tai or Guy Tai (ohhh how much I hate the term) I become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment