Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Monday 8 February 2016

RARECATION 13: AUSTRIA: Lake Atter - GERMANY: Munich

Good morning!

Today is the day (October 20th, 2015)....and we finally reached the end of our journey and go our separate ways.


Apis, Didit (with towel), Radzi and Saiful -
a very slow morning...
geronimo! 

the camping ground...
Lake Atter, note the edge where the water
immediately turns dark...a favourite spot
for scuba divers in the region
The last camping ground at Lake Atter IMHO was a fitting way to end this great journey. Of course it wasn't a journey to the poles or to Machu Picchu or even the Himalayas... but it was every bit an experience to all of us. 

Travelling through 5 countries with camper van all the way, does pose a challenge to all of us. Different background, different upbringing...nevertheless we tolerated each other within the confine space and come respect each other. 

the cottage of inspiration
the baby grand piano with the Second Symphony score.
The composer pictures adorned the walls of the cottage.

What an unexpected finding...Gustav Mahler's Composer's Cottage just beyond the hedge at the camping ground! An Austrian composer of the Romantic and Modern period of music..he came here back in the 1890's and it was here that parts of his symphony were conceived. Open year round by appointment.

the tall hedge on the right separating the cottage from our van
The facilities here are good, only for shot shower we need token from the office. Cant remember how much but it was OK. Each token is good for 2 minutes of hot shower. 

The camping ground is deserted at the moment. Its during summer that this place would come alive with visitors all over Austria. But I like the idea of trailer park as most has well manicured lawn and a makeshift gazebo.  


We left Lake Atter for Munich Airport right after breakfast. We had to arrive around 2pm and during that time... I could feel the tension. I am the sort that loves to arrive early for my flight. I did mentioned that I missed my flight before and somehow it got stuck to me that I have to arrive as early as I can manage. I don't mind waiting...I still can do many things, especially do some reading.

Anyway, before we left the lake....



The route to Munich was quite circuitous. We entered Germany crossing the Inn River. As usual, there's no checkpoint...there were actually, but no longer in use. 


We arrived at the airport 12 minutes later than we anticipated. We had to rush our good byes...and promised to keep in touch once back in Malaysia. 

Approaching Munich Airport

K, Saiful Anz and Munirah (L-R)
youngest of the lot...going back to UK and above
him is my favourite spot for shut eye....
We said our good byes and almost immediately Radzi rushed to the counter. He resides in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Flying to Dubai first, I'm told. The girls, Sabariah, Munirah, Coke and Arifah are flying to Budapest, I think. Continuing their Europe trip...

Enough riding shotgun, the crew were short on driver. So I took the opportunity to drive the camper van back to HQ in Markt Schwaben. It was easy driving it..6 forward gears, always mind the width of the road and careful with the buffeting wind from incoming vehicles. 


There you have it....the end of the vacation. I had a blast all the way and enjoyed every bit about the places we went....even how short the visit may be...Made new friends...learned about the camera and photography during the course of the journey. It was fun...I can't wait to do it again. Spring break is coming....this time with my mini me.

I don't mind retracing the journey......in my own sweet time. 

END



p/s: spend the next few days in Munich with the crew while waiting for the next tour starts....ahahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment