Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Thursday 11 February 2016

NIGERIA: FC WAMCO @RadissonBlu Anchorage Hotel, Victoria Island (09022016)

Once awhile, I got invited to some function organised by Madam's dept. I look forward to these sort of events...be it with or without food. In terms of food, I can handle the heat to certain level with unlimited supply of Chapman (a specialty drink famous in Nigeria, non-alcoholic). I love Nkwobi (cow legs in thick, bloody spicy sauce....it's an appetiser), jolly rice with efo riro ... Soya? Bring it on....Kilishi (dried meat cut thin with spices, chilies and laxative...hahahaha...no laxative, just kidding) from Abuja is great too! I am amazed at the amount of heat these Naijas can digest. A friend of mine, Maurice said.."diabetes? No...but stomach ulcer?...just waiting to happen.."

Enough food...but the main reason I enjoy because at least I can take pictures of friends and practise at the same time. For a newbie like me (I am)...taking pictures of my friends here is a challenge. You just don't snap on a speed light (flash light) and start to take pictures. I remembered an advice from a friend back in Malaysia..he said "once speed light comes to play, setting is VERY much different"... Anyway, with the guess arriving....and after I said Hi to the official photographer for the event, I began taking pictures of the event.



J.P (2nd from right) and Franklin (left)
with friends
Ugo on the right...

They are a cheerful lot. Of course after 2 days of meeting and squeezing every ounce of energy...now it's time to let one's hair down. The arrived in groups...all staying at the RadissonBlu Anchorage Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Regarding the cheerful and noisy nature of the Nigerians, I've had experienced during my flight from Amsterdam to Lagos, last year when we arrived for the first time. They would walk around, high 5 each other...the shake hand and snap their fingers...turned the galley into a makeshift bar. Only a turntable was missing to turn the whole Airbus to a disco. I daresay, given the chance..they would dance at the aisle.


OK.....The theme for the event was "Old School", they did their best..and some really dressed to kill. I mean the men. They really did their best and Ugo, the best dressed for the men category....confessed that only his unmentionables belonged to him, while the rest he borrowed from friends. I think bad luck for him for winning....friend that lend him the outfit would ask a portion of the prize he got for winning last night.nI bet they would...
Mr. Rahul Colaco, Managing Director
arrived at the event

simple set up for the event
the hotel facade overlooking the creek
Tarang Gupta (Mktg Dir.) at the back
it was me and the cameraman foresee
the trouble during dinner...it was the blue light

When taking pictures at Manual setting, you would adjust the three items that you can control..aperture, speed and ISO. But looking the Mode Dial, I selected an option which I rarely use...the SCN (Scene) and there it was....an option for SUNSET. The next few pictures were the result of that setting. I would say, it was pleasing...the Aperture had been taken care of and slight tint to the picture.



Ngozi, the emcee for the event
Ruth and Mdm
the ladies..


The Five Cowries Creek (it's saltwater) into
the Lagos Lagoon





The function started...there was the speech from the MD, presentation from all the teams and their pledge for this year. 

The MD also opened the floor for Q&A session with the IFT team.







Esther
With Ngozi Manukaji as the emcee, I feel she was the perfect person to do so. Her nonchalant way of enthusing and poking at fellow colleagues was funny. The meal for the dinner was great! There was chicken suya, fried rice, pounded yam, healthy range of salads etc. The taste was good and I enjoyed it....in moderation.

Then there was the best costume, men and women dance competition and finally Karaoke.





To sign off this posting, if you see these duo (Yahya and friend)...please don't let them sing. I beg you...they were not drunk.. but somehow as soon as they hold the mic, they sound pretty much drunk to me.

So don't let them sing..better still, separate them. God forbid one would reach for the mic, the other would just materialise beside the partner and it was 3 minutes pure agony...hahahahaha...


I had fun, hope to be invited again to these sort of event...Aheh



the ear shattering, teeth gnawing, earth moving singing duo...

*apologies to those I did not mention or attach pictures in this posting....






No comments:

Post a Comment