Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Sunday 13 September 2015

NIGERIA: Lekki: Elegushi Beach

About twenty minutes drive from the Lekki-Epe Expressway Toll booth, you will arrive at the Elegushi Beach (using Google Map, of course..totally forgot about Waze). But the road suggested was blocked by a housing estate which was still under construction. 


The route in blue from the main road to the beach, in inaccessible. Use the grey coloured route
At the entrance, there will be some people asking for entrance fee. Perperson was N1000 (RM 20.00) and children, half the amount. Negotiate... these touts (I doubt they are employed by the local government) were also mentioned in public sites like Tripadvisor. Troublesome... Then you reach another gate, N200 (RM4.00) for parking fee. Along the beach, there were wooden structures which were pubs and restaurants...and a single (I think it was) amusement park if you can all it. There will be people from all of these establishments crowding your car or call you over...urging you to come to their place...but just refuse politely. 

the beach

Where we hang out and have lunch
brought from home
We looked for the rest of the party from Madam's office. The gathering was organised by Esther. It will be her and the rest of her team today..along with family. It's like a family day out thingy. We parked right infront of Atlantic White Bar. We make our way to the beach through the bar. All the way from the car to the beach side....men in blue football jersey will follow you. 

Face off with the ocean




They would non-stop say something like this.. "master, master...remember me...number 10.." so and so... I was busy carrying the cooler so I hardly noticed. But what he wanted to say was, if you need a horse ride..look for them. The jerseys were complete with name and number...



see the number?
Aminu told me..if I were to walk from the beach...westward, I will reach Victoria Island...Kuramo Bay, Bar Beach and Eko Atlantic City which is still under construction. As usual, the Atlantic ocean was rough and foamy. We were very careful not to let the children venture out more than a few feet away. IMHO, Tarkwa Bay is much suited for children. If you've been to Malaysia...Tarkwa Bay is similar to Port Dickson. Calm... 

most common activity



sand castle..or was it a refinery?

It was pretty standard for the children... It was building a sand castle or get yourself buried in sand. But the adults amused themselves by playing childhood games..although, not limber liked they used to...but A+ for effort nonetheless.

Ngozi, Ugo and Hope (l-r)

Ugo in action

Esther's turn

Ngozi 

Hope's hubby

They also played football, beach volleyball and limbo rock which I didn't have pictures for any of those. Busy keeping an eye on Fay which would be just at the edge of the water. 

What do you do after tired of playing by the beach? You eat! Had jollof rice (imagine Nasi Tomato in Malaysia), fried chicken, spicy meat on stick, salad and fried plantain. I love fried plantain. I think in Malaysia, the closest I can think of is Pisang Tanduk. 





Jollof rice, meat on stick, chicken, salad and plantain
I think I can handle the local food already. Meat here are halal unless the obvious ones (like pork). I think I had seconds and it was nice (the jollof rice)

After lunch, we were again back at the beach. The weather was nice. It wasn't hot at all..it was just...sunless. Cloudy all day long. I lost track of the time... 

Ugo and wife...7 or 8 mnths pregnant

At last, a picture of Ruth (left most)

Madam's hand, I mean palm..and yes,
those shells were big and thick

Mermaids from Atlantis

panoramic view of the beach huts and bar etc..

BBQ and grill

it was like this the whole day..but no rain came

The team and their family

Ben with bigger children...here, girls play football too.
I snapped more photos, some using the mobile phone..and posted online in my IG. We left about 4.30pm that day. It was totally an experience for my family. Arrived home an hour later...just because the Suya place at Glover Road was open. HAhahahahahah....aheh!!!


The childrens' "bodyguard" taught them how to eat chicken suya... 

No comments:

Post a Comment