Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Sunday 15 November 2015

RARECATION 13: ITALY (Lake Como)

What can I say, I was raised listening to my father's LP (vinyl) on Sunday mornings. I can remember it quite clearly, after breakfast we would be listening to his selection. Simon & Garfunkel, Tom Jones, Elvis Presley, Boney M, Beatles, Santana (Black Magic Woman, especially) and then mom would select songs from Allahyarhamah Datuk Sharifah Aini (Seri Dewi Malam), tunes from Tan Sri P. Ramlee and Puan Sri Saloma and once a while, Hamzah Dolmat. So oldies are nothing 'new' to me. I enjoy them, still! Since we were at Lake Como...the song by Cats Steven, then Yusuf Islam "Morning Has Broken" seems appropriate for this occasion.

Sab and Che Mun were already with Syibli. Radzi was there too. Obviously taking pictures of the lake using the filters. I joined them and tried taking a few pictures with it but the result was appalling. I don't have those holder for the filter and my hands must be trembling against the lens....

some part of the huge lake
I must say, the lakes in Europe ARE huge. As for Lake Como or Lago di Como, it is deep too! One of the deepest in the continent. The Y-shaped lake has been popular since the time of ancient Romans. This region is famous for spas, landscape and water sports during summer. The famous Tour of Lombardy also took place around this region, in autumn.

We didn't do any exploration around this area, to take a look at the palatial villas and castles and maybe other historical buildings around Lake Como...but we came to do what we like to do best. Snap pictures around the lake...practising my new found hobby, learning as much as possible from the rest of the more experienced ones. Ever so slightly changing the setting of the camera...all part of the learning process.


followed Harun to the farthest point from the group
but not too far that I might suffer Didit's predicament

'ray of light'
I choosed the most secluded area I can find that morning...whipped out the flag and voila!!!

a different kind of flag...looks like Italy flag though...
Naija at Lago di Como!

I took the flag with me this time! Of course the Malaysia flag too. This time, like Didit...I set the tripod ...patiently,  and snap few pictures using the camera's timer. At the same time, soaking in the view...the fact that I am in Europe, in Italy, in Como (not Maranello, though) am so thankful to be given this chance. 


The last few months, even the past year was not easy. Best leave it till another posting or when I want to talk about it.

Anyway, enough walking all the way along the lake..best to get back at the campsite and prepare to depart in an hour. There was no hot shower, so all of us..I bet only some of us took bath that morning. In case you were wondering, I took bath and it was cold. It was too cold that I had trouble breathing when I showered. 


the church's spire... it's bell toll every hour


After we had breakfast, there was the "emptying what's full, and filling what's empty" activity. Grey water out, fresh water in. The portable toilet tank needed to be emptied too and this time, the group would be split to two.


One group to Milan and the other, a short trip to the mountains nearby...snow time! The closest I got to snow was shaved iced in the form of ABC or Air Batu Campur. A delicacy in Malaysia and Indonesia too. Google them... 

SN gave the instruction to leave the campsite as soon we had finished our breakfast. The earlier the better. We still need to fill up our diesel tanks on our way there. 

a makeshift market just outside the campsite

we had to be careful driving around this area. We could loose space quite fast and the Italians...they really drive fast. I think we annoyed them so much...

the mountain range at the back...we will try our best to reach there
Come to think of it....it was really a short stay at Lake Como. Too short for my liking. But remembering my personal SOP, it will be just a matter of time when I will be back again. Professionally? Aheh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment