Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Thursday 25 May 2017

NIGERIA: Ogun: Performance Night

Ogun state IMHO is quite amazing. Steep in history and culture and I had the privilege to travel there a few times. First with train...yes, the train and a few times with car. I can see that they're doing their best with the highway between Lagos state and Ogun state. From road riddled with potholes and bumpy ride very so often to newly tarred and smooth surface. 


They're making progress, slow and steady pace. I'm happy to say that 'sitting quite still' is not these both states are doing. They complement each other. Spillover from Lagos (industry and population) goes to Ogun and in return Lagos is still the hub for selling goods and workplace for those in Ogun. The better connection between these two states ensure both hand in hand progress into the future.



BTW, I finally arrived at my destination just outskirt of Abeokuta and I could see huge rocks which is so synonymous with the town which means "refuge among rocks", "under the rocks" and a few other similar meaning. I was invited to attend so I am happy to join the rest of my friends and acquaintances. 







Dinner was served right after 7pm and the food was good too. After a while, you get used to the hot pepper stew. Don't get me wrong, it was really hot but you get the hang of it. Funnily, you do get cravings once a while. I remembered at the resort's restaurant, the A/C (air conditioner) didn't work and I was sweating profusely.  












We made our way after dinner to a nearby hill. But since we are in Ogun, the features of the hill I would say similar to the ones in Olumo Rock, huge granite rock facade with flat hilltop. A shelter was built complete with a small bar and a place to do bbq. A nice retreat with a view of the town, if you ask me. Since it was night, it was comfortably cool and then IT RAINED! 




It was a get together and performance night. Each team performed and of course the person that made the most noise was Richard. I think two or three teams dance to the same tune. The flavour of the night was the song "Fada Fada" by Phyno (watch the MV). A song about giving thanks and remembering his roots and beginnings, all the way to his current success. 

Anyway, they could danced pretty well and some even put up quite elaborate performance including a seating Oga (boss, master) or was it a tribal chief? Not just that.....I noticed small notes of Naira were sprayed on the floor too! All in the name of winning the title of Best Performance. 



















Done with performance, there was a quiz and some other activities for the group. Outside the rain was still pouring and still, there were in high spirits. As for me, I was lousy. Most of the pictures I took were definitely some of the worst so far. Need more practise for night photography. I forgot what time it ended...but the rest continued on until late night.

Next day, excursion to Olumo Rock. But Madam and I didn't join the group. Instead we head back to Lagos. The drive back was interesting too... as the road was not busy in Ogun..but once we entered Lagos state...OMG... the hustle and bustle caught you off guard. Back to reality...Eh hennnnn.











No comments:

Post a Comment