Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Friday 22 April 2016

NIGERIA: Lagos: Spring Break




Since February, I was tasked by Madam to look for a place to  go to during the school Spring break. There were requests by the children, visit toy store, dinosaur museum etc...all except "I want to play snow" requested by the little angel.

Travelling with children and Madam, I really have to lower my expectation bar. Not much adventure, just a straight forward travelling together in relative comfort and hassle free. 

I have this ritual where I would open the Google Map of the world and write down a list of potential places to go. Next go to www.visitacity.com to see if there's a ready made itinerary of the city you're visiting. People travelling with children share their itinerary and some places to visit clearly marked as "kids attraction" which makes your decision easier.  You can even adjust accordingly to your preference. Lastly...of course the accommodation which you can trawl over various site in the net.

All set and done, I was happy and just wait for the Spring break to arrive. A few days before travel, trouble struck! We had chosen Brussels as our destination and now....with the bombing...it seemed not possible due to safety reasons. The Malaysian government thru the Embassy in Brussels replied my email regarding travel ban to Belgium if any. So far, most of the country did not impose any, only reminded their citizen to remain vigilant while in Brussels. The best thing I could do was to give as much info (flight, train, accom., date of arrival and departure and phone number) to the Embassy.

Now thinking about it...oh no! I forgot to say thanks since we came back! Thanks also in order for the H.E Datuk Lim  Juay Jin (Malaysia High Commission to Federal Republic of Nigeria) with his diplomatic skill and reasoning put us at ease to continue our trip to Brussels, Belgium.




P/s: Datuk Lim had given an interview to the magazine, Leadership which you can view it here (click please)


No comments:

Post a Comment